AER is looking for an experienced and highly motivated EU Policy Manager who can drive AER advocacy activities, build trusted and long-lasting partnerships with key EU stakeholders, promote AER positions and influence key EU dossiers in the fields of media, advertising, digital and competition, copyright, spectrum.
Under the Secretary General direction and the supervision of the Director, the EU Policy Manager is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Develop and drive the implementation of the advocacy strategy with a particular focus on stakeholders’ engagement across all areas of interest for AER to support and further AER priorities;
- Regularly monitor EU policy developments and identify EU policy challenges and opportunities in areas of interest for AER; provide timely updates and advice on actions to be taken to AER members and the Secretariat;
- Work with EU policy-makers and other EU stakeholders to build and nurture trusted and meaningful relationships; support AER network of national associations in advocacy activities on EU issues;
- Support the organisation of AER meetings (i.e. Executive Committee meetings and General Assembly, annual conference); support the effective internal member communications by coordinating and helping to drive the activities of Taskforces including sharing updates and organising regular calls.
- Draft AER positions and other relevant publications; represent AER in meetings and events with relevant stakeholders, including policy makers in the European institutions and other trade associations;
- Contribute to AER’s public outreach, website and social media activities; develop talking points, policy narratives and presentation materials for use at external events and meetings and for other communication purposes.
- Manage key external relationships, including with AER members representing commercial radio at national level, as well as external suppliers and consultants.
Desired skills and experience:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in EU policy in trade association, consultancy or European institution, ideally with a good knowledge of the media sector’s key policy issues;
- Solid knowledge of EU decision-making process;
- Strong advocacy, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Strategic mindset with a track-record of successful advocacy and stakeholder engagement capabilities;
- Skilled in drafting position papers, replies to open public consultations, reports and talking points;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, other European languages are an asset, preferably French and Spanish;
- A University degree (Master or equivalent) in law, political sciences or European studies is preferable;
- Proactive, analytical and curious, with the capacity to familiarise with new topics quickly and to see the big picture;
- Strong interest in the commercial radio sector and the role it plays in the audio revolution.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your suitability for this position to AER Director Francesca Fabbri: francesca.fabbri(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)aereurope.org.
Applications must be received by February 12th, 2021 EOB.
Starting date: March 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.